August 29th, 2012
Who’s ready for the upcoming three day holiday weekend? We sure are! We at Team PLb will be spending our Labor Day enjoying the last official weekend of summer. Soon the kids will be back in school, the leaves will begin to fall, and the sweaters and scarves will make their debuts! Until then, we have made a list of activities/things to wear/places to go before your summer ends!
1. Wear White – We know the number one rule of society is “No white after Labor Day” so now’s the time to get your last use out of your white gear Put on those white cut off shorts and wear them like they’re going out of style! (Well they kind of are until next year!)
2. Summer Up Your Shack – Before it’s time to deck the halls with seasonal decorations, showcase your summer decor throughout your place! Fresh flowers and bright colors never hurt anyone!
3. Be a Beach Bunny – Before the clouds start rolling in, make sure you soak up all the sun you can at the beach. Get your sand toys and sun screen ready!
4. Host One Last Hurrah – Invite your closest friends over for a End of the Summer shindig! Make it a pot luck and have everyone bring their favorite summer dish. Everyone will get what they want and it’s less work for you!
5. Shop the Dream Collection – The PLb Spring/Summer Dream Collection is still being sold on our website! Make sure you get the cutest summer styles before the launch of the Fall/Winter/Holiday Collection next month!
We hope everyone has a lovely Labor Day and a great rest of the summer!
XO- Team PLb
August 22nd, 2012
Well friends, it’s almost September, but we’re still enduring record breaking heat! With summer still in full swing, we recommend getting away to the beach and catching some rays. We know half the fun of the beach is being able to lay on a towel with your toes in the warm sand and doing absolutely nothing! However if you are looking for a beachside activity, PL has some suggestions for you and the whole fam! Repeat after us…sea shells!
We at PAIGELAUREN have discovered how much fun sea shells really can be. Next time you and your family are having a beach day, get your bucket ready and collect those shells! Big shells, little shells, colorful shells, all kinds of shells! From here, the options are endless! We love the idea of making homemade wind chimes with the shells you collect (see picture below). This is a super easy project, but also totally original! All you need is some type of rope and your shells. Simply string the shells onto the rope and tie knots under each shell to separate it from the others. You can put as little or as many shells on your rope/string as you want, and can put them as close together or as spaced out as you think looks best! We suggest doing this on multiple strands of rope or spring and tying them together. You can then hang your chimes from any type of hook or pin. Now you have a fabulous DIY wind chime! More crafts with shells include jewelry, center pieces, picture frames, and more!
Happy shell searching!
XO- Team PLb
August 14th, 2012
Just like everyone else in America, we were hooked on the 2012 London games, and we can’t help but admire the mothers, like twelve-time Olympic medalist Dara Torres, a local Angelino. Though she missed qualifying by thirty-two one-hundredths of a second (ouch, we we’re rootin for you!) it goes to show that winning isn’t everything. Many other inspiring women made appearances in this summer’s Olympic games, showing that women can be phenomenal athletes, too. Let’s not forget about Serena and Venus… Wowzers!
But, it’s the camaraderie that really embraced us all in watching the games! As a rapidly growing business, Team PLb was addicted to the XXX Olympiad. We watched as Misty May-Treanor and Kerry Walsh proved that nothing is unattainable by winning the Gold in their third straight Olympic games. A big-time congrats and the best of wishes to the both of you in your future endeavors from us all!
Born on July 4th, Paige herself has always loved the spirit behind the red, white, and blue. But an entire new meaning has spread through our company, and all of our employees agree… we take tremendous pride in our clothing that’s MADE IN THE USA!!! At PAIGELAUREN baby + toddler, we’ve decided to keep it close to home. Our hand sewn and finely tailored clothes for the little ones are made with pride in Los Angeles, California. As we root for the USA Olympic team, we recognize the hard work of so many here in the US. Congrats to all, both the winners and the competitors. You really have inspired us.
Go Red, White & Blue!
XO- Team PLb